Here we go.

08 July 2010

The sad half-German.

Yesterday's match was an absolute disgrace. I didn't even recognize the German team that was on the pitch! I really hope that that silly octopus didn't rattle the nerves of steel! I'm hoping it was the absence of one Thomas Muller that did us in. Who am I kidding? Germany was terrible yesterday. I am completely embarrassed by that display! But, I am a loyal fan through and through and we will have the next Cup! I don't know if he will play the next tournament, so I'd like to bid adieu to one of my favorite footballers, Miroslav Klose. He's awesome! Now, I can finally relax now that all of my teams have been eliminated for a place in the 2010 World Cup. Well, Germany can still vie for third (AGAIN, ugh), but I don't really care. The third place match is shameful! I will be standing behind the Netherlands in hopes that they CRUSH those Spaniards in the final! In any case, whoever wins, it will be a first time for either country, which is awesome. ATM & I did watch a recap of some of the momentous bits of this tournament last night and it made me so sad that soccer will disappear off the scene for another four years. Aside from the occasional aired MLS game and the matches that our neighborhood Mexican restaurant show (from the Latin American league), THAT'S IT. I've been coming off of my World Cup Fever by watching Le Tour de France.

I fear and respect the peloton.










1 comment:

I Know Right? said...

Heeheehee. Yes, The Doomed Deutsche! I was actually fearful they would defeat Spain, but man did Spain ever dominate midfield play and tempo. (which is what is required to beat Germany anyway) And now I find myself in the predicament of who to root for as I always root for Holland & Spain in their appearances.

Blog Archive